Sunday, November 27, 2016

And Now the Journey Ends!


President Dieter F. Uchtdorf once said, “So often we become so focused on the finish line that we fail to enjoy the journey.”   When we started this journey there were some hard times and obstacles along the way but I think we definitely found joy in the journey.

As I write this last post, we had mixed emotions as we left the beautiful country of Peru. We have loved so many things about Peru but I feel we will miss the people the most.  We have truly learned to love those we have come to know. 




We wore these name tags with pride as we served the Lord and the people of Peru.

The pages of this blog are filled with pictures of those who have touched our hearts.  We are so glad to have this photo journal to look back on in the years to come.  

Words cannot express what all of you have meant to us but it can be summed up with the words of my favorite song from the musical Wicked.


I've heard it said
That people come into our lives for a reason.
Bringing something we must learn 
And we are led
To whose who help us most to grow
If we let them
And we help them in return
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true 
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you....


It well may be
That we will never meet again 
In this lifetime
So let me say before we part
So much of me 
Is made of what I learned from you
You'll be with me
Like a handprint on my heart
And now whatever way our stories end
I know you have re-written mine
By being my friend......


Because I knew you......
I have been changed for good......



We love you all so very much!!!!
We are blessed beyond measure for knowing all of you.

"Thanks for the memories!"





No comments:

Post a Comment