Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Double Decker Bus Tour

On Monday we went on a Double Decker Bus Tour of Trujillo.  It was a hot, sunny day, but we had a great time.  I doused myself with sunscreen and carried my "parasol" (for sun - Bill says it is just an umbrella), but I still got a little red.  The sun is really intense here and plays havoc with my skin.  Bill has even had a little problem with the sun.  I guess that is why Peruvians were blessed with darker skin.  They don't seem to be bothered by the sun. We went with the Hawses, the Nields and the Coacallas.







We started and ended at the Plaza de Armas.  We love this square.  It is pretty and green.  This is the center of the city and the downtown area which used to be enclosed by a large wall or fortress in the 1800's.



Catholic Cathedral 

This is a very busy city with lots of cars and people.  It was fun to see from the top of the double decker bus.






















We came home to find the hard working grounds keepers tending to cleaning the temple and grounds.



We don't see lots of clouds in Trujillo and haven't had a drop of rain since we got here. So I had to snap a picture of the clouds behind the temple this week.




Heather sent this cute picture of our little Max.  He just got his hair cut and is getting ready for Halloween.  He and Ellie are going to dress up as little devils and go trick or treating.  I am sure Ellie will enjoy it more than Max.



No comments:

Post a Comment