Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Not Your Usual Weekend

We did not go to church on Sunday.  When I woke up Sunday morning I had swollen lips and face and a hive like rash on my neck and chest.  Not a pretty sight. I looked like some kind of alien. President Casos came up to help Bill give me a blessing.  We thought I was looking better but by Monday morning I was more swollen and hives had developed on my arms and feet.


I didn't think I would ever want to go to a doctor in Peru but desperate situations call for desperate measures.  President Casos made me an appointment with a dermatologist and he and Sister Casos went with us to help with the whole ordeal. We were glad they were there as they are much better with the language than we are.
My doctor's name was Victor Hugo Che Leon.  He thinks I have developed a sun allergy since it has mostly affected the areas of my skin that were exposed to the sun.
We figured it happened on our day to Chan Chan and the Horse show but don't know
why it took three days to break out.
He gave me a shot, two prescriptions and some cream.
It wasn't as scary as I thought it would be.
President Casos checked with the Trujillo Mission President, President Marler,
and called one of the doctors they have used for the Elders and Sisters here.

We still can't get over the way they wire things out here.
This was outside the clinic.

We had planned a fun day going downtown to the Plaza de Armas but instead I chose to stay out of sight.  Bill went to the grocery store by himself.  He brought back beautiful flowers and Pizza.


    My sweet neighbor, Sister Gomez, brought me soup (sopa) and fresh squeezed juice.



We spent the rest of the evening at home watching the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Pioneer Day Concert.  I couldn't go to the temple today.  I am still blotchy & itchy but the swelling in my face has gone down.  We'll see what tomorrow brings.  I guess I am going to have to buy lots of sunscreen for face, lips and body and start dressing like a nun when I go out in the sun.


No comments:

Post a Comment